The 18th e-SOVE congress will take place in the South of France from October 8 to 11, 2012, in the town of Montpellier (Le Corum congress centre).
Scientific sessions (oral presentations and poster sessions) will deal with:
- Vector status: taxonomy, systemic, phylogeny
- Vector behaviour: life-history traits, fitness, intra- and inter-species competition, biology of populations, invasive species
- Vector-pathogen interactions: vector competence, immunity of vector, vector manipulation by parasites
- Eco-epidemiology of vector borne diseases: spatiotemporal dynamics of the transmission, geomatics, modelling
- Vector control: biocides, repellents, traps, integrated vector management, personal protection, human and social sciences, SIT, irradiation, Wolbachia, genetic control
- Impacts of the vector control: ecotoxicity in the food chain, politic and societal perceptions.
A devoted website, presently in creation, will be open in a few weeks.
Further details on the programme, the event, registration and abstract submission will be issued in due course.
We would be grateful if you could share this announcement by forwarding the present information to anyone you think may be interested in attending.
Thierry Baldet, Grégory L’Ambert, Vincent Robert on behalf of the ‘Vector and emerging diseases Montpellier network’ and the local organisation e-SOVE 2012 committee and Pr. Bulent Alten, President of e-SOVE.